Document Type : Letter to Editor
Cardiac Rehabilitation Research Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan AND Student of Medicine, School of Medicine, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
Student of Medicine, School of Medicine, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
- Gheorghiade M, Vaduganathan M, Fonarow GC, Bonow RO. Rehospitalization for heart failure: Problems and perspectives. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013; 61(4): 391-403.
- Roth GA, Mensah GA, Johnson CO, Addolorato G, Ammirati E, Baddour LM, et al. Global burden of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors, 1990-2019: Update from the GBD 2019 Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020; 76(25): 2982-3021.
- Bloom DE, Cafiero ET, Jane-Llopis E, Abrahams-Gessel S, Bloom LR, Fathima S, et al. The global economic burden of noncommunicable diseases. Geneva, Switzerland: World Economic Forum; 2011.
- Frishman WH, Alpert JS. Reducing hospital readmissions for cardiovascular disease: Is it feasible? Am J Med 2013; 126(9): 753-4.
- Phemphul C, Pansila W, Vibulchai N, Wongvipaporn C. Factors predicting hospital readmission among thais with post myocardial infarction. F1000Research 2021; 10: 415.
- Jencks SF, Williams MV, Coleman EA. Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program. N Engl J Med 2009; 360(14): 1418-28.
- Suskin N, Sheth T, Negassa A, Yusuf S. Relationship of current and past smoking to mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular dysfunction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 37(6): 1677-82.
- Wilson K, Gibson N, Willan A, Cook D. Effect of smoking cessation on mortality after myocardial infarction: Meta-analysis of cohort studies. Arch Intern Med 2000; 160(7): 939-44.
- Pipe AL, Reid RD. Smoking cessation and cardiac rehabilitation: A priority!. Can J Cardiol 2018; 34(10 Suppl 2): S247-S251.
- Govender RD, Al-Shamsi S, Soteriades ES, Regmi D. Incidence and risk factors for recurrent cardiovascular disease in middle-eastern adults: A retrospective study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 2019; 19(1): 253.
- Suissa K, Lariviere J, Eisenberg MJ, Eberg M, Gore GC, Grad R, et al. Efficacy and safety of smoking cessation interventions in patients with cardiovascular disease: A network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2017; 10(1): e002458.
- Matkin W, Ordonez-Mena JM, Hartmann-Boyce J. Telephone counselling for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2019; 5: CD002850.
- Bowry AD, Lewey J, Dugani SB, Choudhry NK. The burden of cardiovascular disease in low- and middle-income countries: Epidemiology and management. Can J Cardiol 2015; 31(9): 1151-9.
- Sarrafzadegan N, Mohammmadifard N. Cardiovascular disease in iran in the last 40 years: Prevalence, Mortality, morbidity, challenges and strategies for cardiovascular prevention. Arch Iran Med 2019; 22(4): 204-10.
- Taghaddosi M, Vali GR. Behavioral habits and ischemic heart disease in Kashan, 1995. Feyz 2003; 7(2): 43-9. [In Persian].
- Mohebbi H, Mazlom SR, Kasraei MR, Hamedi Z, Hosseinikhah H, Dehghan Moghimi H, et al. Comparison of the effects of media-based and face-to-face cardiac rehabilitation training programs on self-efficacy in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. Evidence Based Care 2018; 8(2): 67-77. [In Persian].
- Paryad E, Rouhi BL. Smoking cessation: Adherence based on patients' illness perception after coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Indian Heart J 2018; 70(Suppl 3): S4-S7.