Document Type : Letter to Editor
1 Cardiac Rehabilitation Research Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan AND Student of Medicine, School of Medicine, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
2 Student of Medicine, School of Medicine, Kashan University of Medical Sciences, Kashan, Iran
- Gheorghiade M, Vaduganathan M, Fonarow GC, Bonow RO. Rehospitalization for heart failure: Problems and perspectives. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013; 61(4): 391-403.
- Roth GA, Mensah GA, Johnson CO, Addolorato G, Ammirati E, Baddour LM, et al. Global burden of cardiovascular diseases and risk factors, 1990-2019: Update from the GBD 2019 Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2020; 76(25): 2982-3021.
- Bloom DE, Cafiero ET, Jané-Llopis E, Abrahams-Gessel S, Bloom LR, Fathima S, et al. The global economic burden of noncommunicable diseases. Geneva, Switzerland: World Economic Forum; 2011.
- Frishman WH, Alpert JS. Reducing hospital readmissions for cardiovascular disease: Is it feasible? Am J Med 2013; 126(9): 753-4.
- Phemphul C, Pansila W, Vibulchai N, Wongvipaporn C. Factors predicting hospital readmission among thais with post myocardial infarction. F1000Research 2021; 10: 415.
- Jencks SF, Williams MV, Coleman EA. Rehospitalizations among patients in the Medicare fee-for-service program. N Engl J Med 2009; 360(14): 1418-28.
- Suskin N, Sheth T, Negassa A, Yusuf S. Relationship of current and past smoking to mortality and morbidity in patients with left ventricular dysfunction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001; 37(6): 1677-82.
- Wilson K, Gibson N, Willan A, Cook D. Effect of smoking cessation on mortality after myocardial infarction: Meta-analysis of cohort studies. Arch Intern Med 2000; 160(7): 939-44.
- Pipe AL, Reid RD. Smoking cessation and cardiac rehabilitation: A priority!. Can J Cardiol 2018; 34(10 Suppl 2): S247-S251.
- Govender RD, Al-Shamsi S, Soteriades ES, Regmi D. Incidence and risk factors for recurrent cardiovascular disease in middle-eastern adults: A retrospective study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 2019; 19(1): 253.
- Suissa K, Lariviere J, Eisenberg MJ, Eberg M, Gore GC, Grad R, et al. Efficacy and safety of smoking cessation interventions in patients with cardiovascular disease: A network meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2017; 10(1): e002458.
- Matkin W, Ordonez-Mena JM, Hartmann-Boyce J. Telephone counselling for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2019; 5: CD002850.
- Bowry AD, Lewey J, Dugani SB, Choudhry NK. The burden of cardiovascular disease in low- and middle-income countries: Epidemiology and management. Can J Cardiol 2015; 31(9): 1151-9.
- Sarrafzadegan N, Mohammmadifard N. Cardiovascular disease in iran in the last 40 years: Prevalence, Mortality, morbidity, challenges and strategies for cardiovascular prevention. Arch Iran Med 2019; 22(4): 204-10.
- Taghaddosi M, Vali GR. Behavioral habits and ischemic heart disease in Kashan, 1995. Feyz 2003; 7(2): 43-9. [In Persian].
- Mohebbi H, Mazlom SR, Kasraei MR, Hamedi Z, Hosseinikhah H, Dehghan Moghimi H, et al. Comparison of the effects of media-based and face-to-face cardiac rehabilitation training programs on self-efficacy in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. Evidence Based Care 2018; 8(2): 67-77. [In Persian].
- Paryad E, Rouhi BL. Smoking cessation: Adherence based on patients' illness perception after coronary artery bypass grafting surgery. Indian Heart J 2018; 70(Suppl 3): S4-S7.