Document Type : Case Report
1 Assistant Professor, Cardiac Rehabilitation Research Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
2 General Practitioner, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
3 Cardiologist, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
BACKGROUND: Coronary arteriovenous fistula is a rare congenital or acquired abnormal connection between a coronary artery and any of the great vessels or any of the heart chambers. Most of them are diagnosed during routine coronary angiography. CASE REPORT: This case report illustrates a successful surgical ligating of multiple right coronary artery and circumflex artery fistulas to coronary sinus. CONCLUSION: According to our experience and literature review, it can be concluded that to prevent potential complications in various cases of coronary arteriovenous fistula, early surgical management, just after their condition has been diagnosed, is the best choice
- Ata Y, Turk T, Bicer M, Yalcin M, Ata F, Yavuz S. Coronary arteriovenous fistulas in the adults: natural history and management strategies. J Cardiothorac Surg 2009; 4: 62.
- Darwazah AK, Hussein IH, Hawari MH. Congenital circumflex coronary arteriovenous fistula with aneurysmal termination in the pulmonary artery. Tex Heart Inst J 2005; 32(1): 56-9.
- Said SM, Burkhart HM, Schaff HV, Connolly HM, Phillips SD, Suri RM, et al. Late outcome of repair of congenital coronary artery fistulas--a word of caution. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2013; 145(2): 455-60.
- El Watidy AM, Ismail HH, Calafiore AM. Surgical management of right coronary artery-coronary sinus fistula causing severe mitral and tricuspid regurgitation. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2010; 10(1): 110-2.
- Tekbas G, Onder H, Tekbas E, Yavuz C, Bilici A. Giant right coronary artery and coronary sinus aneurysm due to fistula. Tex Heart Inst J 2011; 38(3): 314-5.
- Tchantchaleishvili V, Lehoux JM, Knight PA. Right coronary artery to coronary sinus fistula. J Invasive Cardiol 2012; 24(10): 552-3.
- Jung SH, Cho WC, Choo SJ, Song H, Chung CH, Kang JW, et al. Images in cardiovascular medicine. Multiple coronary arteriovenous fistulas to the coronary sinus with an unruptured coronary sinus aneurysm and restrictive coronary sinus opening to the right atrium. Circulation 2009; 120(12): 1138-40.
- Jenkins G. Right coronary artery to coronary sinus fistula: computed tomography, angiography and echocardiography clinical case portal [Online]. [cited 2008 Jan 23]; Available from: URL: http://www.escardio.org/static_file/Escardio/Subspecialty/EACVI/Education/Case%20p.pdf
- Yeon MH, Choi YR, Lee SY, Bae JW, Hwang KK, Kim DW, et al. A rare combination of the left circumflex coronary artery fistula connecting a dilated coronary sinus with persistent left superior vena cava and multiple arteriovenous fistulae. Korean Circ J 2013; 43(5): 356-9.