Document Type : Editorial
Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
- Li J, Siegrist J. Physical activity and risk of cardiovascular disease-a meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2012; 9(2): 391-407.
- Thompson PD, Buchner D, Pina IL, Balady GJ, Williams MA, Marcus BH, et al. Exercise and physical activity in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: a statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology (Subcommittee on Exercise, Rehabilitation, and Prevention) and the Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Metabolism (Subcommittee on Physical Activity). Circulation 2003; 107(24): 3109-16.
- Fogelholm M. Physical activity, fitness and fatness: relations to mortality, morbidity and disease risk factors. A systematic review. Obes Rev 2010; 11(3): 202-21.
- Li TY, Rana JS, Manson JE, Willett WC, Stampfer MJ, Colditz GA, et al. Obesity as compared with physical activity in predicting risk of coronary heart disease in women. Circulation 2006; 113(4): 499-506.
- Frisoli TM, Schmieder RE, Grodzicki T, Messerli FH. Beyond salt: Lifestyle modifications and blood pressure. Eur Heart J 2011; 32(24): 3081-7.
- Ascensao A, Lumini-Oliveira J, Oliveira PJ, Magalhaes J. Mitochondria as a target for exercise-induced cardioprotection. Curr Drug Targets 2011; 12(6): 860-71.
- Huffman JC, Beach SR, Suarez L, Mastromauro CA, DuBois CM, Celano CM, et al. Design and baseline data from the Management of Sadness and Anxiety in Cardiology (MOSAIC) randomized controlled trial. Contemp Clin Trials 2013; 36(2): 488-501.
- van Sijl AM, van Eijk IC, Peters MJ, Serne EH, van der Horst-Bruinsma IE, Smulders YM, et al. Tumour necrosis factor blocking agents and progression of subclinical atherosclerosis in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Ann Rheum Dis 2015; 74(1): 119-23.
- van Diepen S, Majumdar SR, Bakal JA, McAlister FA, Ezekowitz JA. Heart failure is a risk factor for orthopedic fracture: a population-based analysis of 16,294 patients. Circulation 2008; 118(19): 1946-52.